Thursday, October 30, 2008

OACC Artbook Preview + First Basic Form Project.

OACC. n. a Chinese annual nationwide animation and manga competition.























I squeeeaaled when I got to these next pages... Aren't you surprised.





Yueshuxin! *loves*



Denise and I are hoping to enter a oneshot into the shounen manga category for next year's competition. ; ) Not really for the win-win, but more for the exposure. I could really use a new springboard into the Chinese manga industry, cos my Chinese publisher hasn't paid me yet. (Not to mention one of the manga judges is a professor in our university... *O*/)

Anyway, if you're interested to see what Chinese animation and manga artists have come up with for the last competition, here.

Still remember my first Basic Form project? Looks like I went overboard. Think abstract. Abstract.







This is my final, approved work for the point, line, and surface subtopic. Yes, photos.



I'm currently working on my second project, whose draft has been approved -- huzzah!

Meanwhile, I did this realism portrait trial of human Longnu. I'm only familiar with the bone / muscle structure of the head, so the rest of the drawing is most likely riddled with errors... o___O



Played around with this on Photoshop for a little over two hours... Mac screens chew away from the already deficient contrast in my drawings. TTiiTT

1 comment:

kurohiko said...

Pictures like these make me wanna add more details into my art... zomg, I am made of FAIL! Dx