Thursday, October 23, 2008

Calligraphy Final Project + Sketch Studies.

We spent our last day of calligraphy class doing our final projects -- freestyle.



This is our adorable and sarcastic class president, Chen Wen, doing hers.





Our class VP, Cui Zhaokai's.





Zhou Lixi's.



Lu Chen's. I never thought she and Liu Man could write this well!



Liu Man's.



I was the last one to finish. My writing came our waaay too stiff... But, I guess this isn't so bad -- for a foreign student, anyway. =v=;;;



Meanwhile, I now have a love / hate relationship with still life objects, particularly apples. Reference photos borrowed from devART.





My first still life set-up. It took me about two days to get the sketch to look the way it does, after which I gave up. It's still way too gray. OTL





Onto the next set-up... I thought putting that jug in there was masochistic, but, I didn't really know until I started blocking out the reflections on its surface... OTL



So, I think my contrast got a teeny bit better... Just a teeny bit. Will have to try again some other time.

4 comments:

Raein said...

Zhou Lixi's looks like my dad's calligraphy.

Nyaaaa. You draw all day huuuuh!

mushroomtale said...

Haha, I guess calligraphy is either not really that distinct, or needs a familiar eye to be distinguishable... @v@

Ah, not really. I've been learning tennis, too! We have 90 minutes of P.E. per week, but I practice an hour almost every day. I'm a changed woman, Tif, LOL!

Raein said...

Tennis???! You??? :o Oh man! You ARE a changed woman!

Hmm... Actualy, if you think about it, you're not really a changed woman -- you're still torturing your wrist :p

mushroomtale said...

Now that you mention it... >A>|||