Saturday, November 8, 2008

Animanga Fans: Vol. 5 Feature.

Here are some photos of the issues I have of 动漫游 -- that's Animanga Fans in English -- just so you guys know how the mag actually looks like in case you're looking to submit your works.

First off, the mag is just a little smaller than A4. See pencil by the lower left corner for reference. On the left is a 2005 issue, and on the right is a 2007 issue, one of the latest.



Here are the back covers. The 2005 issue featured the cover submissions that didn't make it to the front cover, as thumbnails on the back cover. The 2007 issue featured a cover art runner-up on the back cover.



This is the first page of the 2007 issue, the left page of which features the cover art runner-ups for that issue. Please note that I probably won't be able to afford to send copies to people who sent in illusts that don't make it solo, either on the front or back of the mag. Sorry!



Aside from Feature articles and manga, exceptional school projects by Cartoon & Animation as well as Manga & Illustration students are also featured. This is animation storyboarding.



Finally, for those who sent in manga, your work might be published 1:1 -- that's one manga page per magazine page -- ...





or, 2:1 -- two manga pages per magazine page, in landscape. Oh, and, we accept submissions no matter the reading direction. XD



After talking with my editor Zhang Cong, I've decided, for now, to submit per issue, only (a) 3-6 pieces of colored illusts, and (b) as many manga titles (usually oneshots) it takes to reach 10-20 pages, since that's how much they probably need from each of us Features peons within that time frame.

You'll always be welcome to submit your works, and, though you'll probably be on the waiting list, just know that you'll be published eventually. ; ) First come, first publish. If I get a lot of submissions, however, I'll probably start pitching more per issue.

For the next issue, which is scheduled to be out by late November - early December 2009, I'm pitching Rei-nee's Karma.



Aaand, for some sample pages. If I wasn't so anal with translating text and editing SFX, I would consider a job as a manga editor. @v@





For those interested, the original, colored English version is up and available for online reading over here.

I do have a question for Rei-nee: I'm really curious as to why Dominic and Reign seem to be... stripping in the last few panels... ; ) ; ) ; )

WHY.

6 comments:

kurohiko said...

WTF, stripping... er... OMG LYNSLEY!!

..uhm, technically, their wings really come out from their backs, so if they didn't strip, their clothes would have been ripped and such... xD S-so...

Oh gawd, now that you put it that way, it looks so wrong... them being angels and all... ROFL!!!

mushroomtale said...

Haha, to be honest, I've read it a couple of times before, and didn't notice it until I was actually translating already. (Like, OMG, why is Dominic suddenly half-nekkie...)

MmhmmmismellundertonesssILUREI-NEE. <3

kurohiko said...

U-undertones... I-it was totally unintentional! UNINTENTIONAL I SEH!!! Wahahahahaha~ xDDD

brb, lol-ing~ <3

mushroomtale said...

BTW, Rei-nee -- and everyone else -- if you want to download the electronic version of the latest issue, the link, along with the password, is in the second post in this forum thread. ; )

kurohiko said...

Uhm, uhm, I need to register pa? *zomg, Chinese n00b here*

And do you mind if I post the chinese version of karma in my blog? :D Imma credit you of course~ <3

mushroomtale said...

No, I don't think you should have to register... ? *hasn't actually tried to dl it* [/epic phail]

Sure, go ahead! <3