Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Nanshan Road + Sketching Class: First Grading

I went to Nanshan to withdraw some pocket money last Monday -- decided to take yet another bout of nature photos along the way! Mmm, autumn.


























Last Friday, our class went on a trip to the Hangzhou Zoo to try our speed drafting skills on animals. That kept our classroom empty for professors to examine the works we put up for grading that day.











So anyway, here is my cornerrr. *hides under a rock*



Here's and obligatory close-up of my head bust piece -- the shading seems even lighter in this photo 8 [ -- ...



as well as my speed drafts. (The 'speed' part hardly counts, as you would imagine.) Head. Too. BIG.



(Oh my god, I'm seeing so many mistakes right now. 8 )))



Tried pulling off the volume-through-linework thing with this piece.



Finally, the only piece I'm actually proud of... Aren't you surprised. 8 )) Prettyyy.



I also included two of my speed drafts from the train station trip, ...





a random manga-style doodle of our ever-sarcastic class president, Chen Wen, ...



and, another random sketch -- of Du Liniang from the Young Lover's Peony Pavilion. The sketch is actually teeny-tiny. X3



Aaand, that's it.

... Believe it or not, the academy has selected my head portrait piece to add to their collection of selected undergraduate works -- they select a few during each grading -- and I'll be getting a certificate of recognition for it! WTFGETOUT.

Hrmm, well... I guess there's always the at-least-I-didn't-end-up-almost-having-neurosis-for-nothing bit... as well as the I-guess-I'm-not-so-bad-compared-to-my-classmates bit? Though I still kind of find it hard to grasp, haha. For the most part, I'm just proud of being able to make my parents proud of me? TTuTT;;;



REALLYGLADTHAT'SOVERWITH. <3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, all those photos...seems like another world to me *A*
amazing <3 and congrats you're doing so well <3<3<3<3 (I knew it *o*)
I absolutely enjoy this blog. Makes me feel so lazy XD;

*o* <3

Triton Lim said...

hi, i'm first time visit ur blog here, 你们的生活很不一样, i'm fr malaysian...
this is my blog:
http://dreamartz-triton.blogspot.com/
欢迎交流。。。